Problems with Advanced Edition rev 5
Rev 5 of the Advanced Edition software for the TriCaster moves all the TriCaster files into c:\Program Data and c:\Program Files. It then normally then creates a shortcut c:\TriCaster that points to the new install location in c:\Program Files.
If the metaSETZ tally plug-in was installed prior to updating to rev 5 the TCAE Rev 5 installer fails to move the metaSETZ plugin to the new location, so it can’t delete the c:\TriCaster folder and then fails to create the shortcut. This can cause issues with the installations other 3rd part add-ons and will prevent the metaSETZ plugin from operating.
If you haven’t already installed Rev 5 TCAE–uninstall the metaSETZ plugin first.
If you have already installed Rev 5 TCAE then:
- From Windows navigate to c:\ and delete the c:\TriCaster folder, leave the window open.
- Open a second window and navigate to c:\Program Files\NewTek\
- RIGHT click and drag the TriCaster folder to window showing c:\
- In the context menu that pops up select ‘Create Shortcut Here’. This will create the proper shortcut.
- Install the new version 2.6 metaSETZ software. This version knows about the new file locations.